Combining his decades of experience as a food processing business owner and restaurateur with his legal education and CPA certification, Richard G. Riccardi has joined the team at The Ammons Law Firm, LLP.
Richard received his Bachelor of Accounting from Baylor University’s prestigious Hankamer School of Business and his Juris Doctorate from Baylor University School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. While in law school, Richard was a member of the Baylor Law Review and Interscholastic Dispute Resolution Team.
After working for several years as a tax attorney with Vinson & Elkins, LLP in Houston, Richard spent 25 years building his own business as President and Co-Owner of Food Source, LP, a custom food processor specializing in private label entrees and specialty products for restaurant chains throughout the United States. Additionally, Richard owned and operated Compari’s Italian Restaurant in Plano, Texas.
Since selling the business he built, Richard has spent the last four years as a private consultant to the food and restaurant industry. Richard is also the co-founder of the Greater Dallas Food & Beverage CPG Community. He frequently speaks at food industry meetings and Continuing Legal Education programs.
Now part of the team at The Ammons Law Firm, Richard is using his education, experience and talents to assist The Ammons Law Firm’s clients with business loss insurance claims.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, 1985, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Juris Doctorate, 1988, Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- State Bar of Texas, 1988
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2016
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (CPA), 1990
- Board President, Boys & Girls Club of Collin County TX, 2019-Present
- Co-Founder, Greater Dallas Food & Beverage CPG Community, 2019-Present
- Advisory Board Member, Beetnik Foods, 2018-Present
- “Liens for the Commercial Landlord,” 39 Baylor Law Review 523