Common Causes of Car Fires
Whether they occur after an accident or simply as a person is driving, car fires are often the result of auto defects. When this is the case, the manufacturer or another liable party can be held accountable for the resulting injuries and/or deaths.
Some of the most common causes of automobile-related fires include:
- Gasoline leaks caused by defective or poorly designed fuel systems
- Defective/faulty wiring, leading to an electrical fire
- Defective electric/hybrid vehicle batteries
- Automobile engine defects, including defective catalytic converters, overheating engines, etc.
- Design defects, including defects in the design of the vehicle itself
When the negligence of an automobile designer or manufacturer leads to a post-collision fire that causes catastrophic injuries or even fatalities, these negligent parties can and should be held accountable. At The Ammons Law Firm, our Houston automobile fire attorneys have the experience, resources, and dedicated legal focus to aggressively advocate for you and your recovery.
We Focus on Auto Defect Litigation
At The Ammons Law Firm, a large portion of our personal injury practice centers on representing victims of defective automobiles and auto parts. Since 2004, our attorneys have successfully recovered more than $1 billion on behalf of our clients and have established themselves as knowledgeable and powerful allies for victims in this area of litigation.
If you or your loved one was involved in a post-auto collision fire, contact The Ammons Law Firm at (281) 801-5617 for a free consultation.