Midland Auto Defect Lawyers
The manufacturers of cars and trucks have an obligation to make their vehicles as safe as possible. When these companies make profits a higher priority than safety, it places drivers and passengers at unnecessary risk of serious injuries or death. Auto manufacturers must be held liable for the damages caused by vehicle defects, whether from a bad design, substandard parts, or negligence during the manufacturing process.
The Midland auto defect lawyers at The Ammons Law Firm LLP handle cases nationwide, helping victims and their families to recover compensation from negligent automotive manufacturers through product liability claims.
We help victims of negligent car and truck manufacturers recover compensation for damages such as:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Disability and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
Common Auto Defect Cases
We have extensive experience in these often complex cases, including:
- Roof Crush and Rollover Accidents: SUVs and pickup trucks are a common sight on America’s roadways. Despite the fact that these larger vehicles are marketed as more rugged and safer than passenger cars, but the auto defect lawyers at The Ammons Law Firm know this isn’t always the case. A higher center of gravity can increase the risk of a rollover, and poor design can put vehicle occupants at risk of catastrophic injuries or death if the roof collapses during a rollover.
- Defective Door Latch Injuries: If you’re involved in an accident, a defective door latch can greatly increase your risk of serious injury. A defective door latch can cause the door to fly open during a crash, which often results in the occupant hitting the ground with no protection or even be ejected through the open door.
- Seatbelt and Air Bag Defects: These are two of the most well-known safety features of any automobile and are meant to protect a vehicle’s occupants during an accident. Millions of vehicles that are on the roads today have defective seatbelts and air bags that would fail to provide reasonable protection during an accident that would otherwise be survivable or not result in severe injuries.
- Post-collision Fires: Defective fuel systems are often the cause of post-collision fires, which kill and critically injure thousands of people every year. Fuel system design defects can involve the fuel tank, fuel filler cap, filler pipe, fuel line and/or fuel pump shutoff switches.
Get Help from Experienced Nationwide Auto Defect Lawyers
The nationwide auto defect lawyers at The Ammons Law Firm LLP, a Midland-based personal injury trial law firm, have handled hundreds of cases across the United States. We put our experience and resources to work for our clients, cutting through the complexities of auto product liability law and holding manufacturers responsible for the damages they have caused.