"I take pride in building a firm with lawyers that share my vision and my work ethic." - Rob AmmonsSEE RESULTS
On behalf of a 64-year-old Texas man who was seriously burned when propane from his outdoor grill exploded, Rob Ammons has filed suit against the corporation that operates Sam’s Club stores and the manufacturer of the stores’ Member’s Mark Grills. The lawsuit cites defects in the propane grill and the store’s negligence for the incident and injuries.
The grill had been purchased as a pre-assembled floor model at a Sam’s Club store. As the man was grilling steaks for friends and family in his backyard, a gas hose on the grill became disconnected and allowed propane to escape. The gas then violently ignited, burning the man. Later inspection of the grill revealed an improperly crimped hose connection – a condition that already existed prior to the grill’s sale.
In the lawsuit, it is claimed that the grill manufacturer was negligent in designing and building the grill that used an improperly or inadequately fastened hose and that it failed to detect the unsafe and dangerous condition. Allegations against Sam’s in the lawsuit involve its failure to properly assemble and inspect the grill as well as its failure to have a policy in place that ensured floor models of appliances were safe for sale to and use by Sam’s customers.
Rob Ammons is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, in addition to being Board Certified in Civil Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Rob Ammons’ law practice, The Ammons Law Firm, is located in Houston, Texas.
The Ammons Law Firm’s practice is exclusively personal injury law, handling such cases as: tire defects, oil rig explosions, truck accidents, plant explosions, refinery accidents, wrongful death, post-collision fires, seat belt defects, airbag defects, SUV rollovers and workplace negligence.