Honda Places Restrictions on Which Tires Will Be Replaced
On February 8, 2008 Honda issued a Technical Service Bulletin for their 2006 to 2007 Civic two-door and four-door models about the uneven and/or rapid wearing of their tires (Civic Si’s were not covered).
Honda offered to pay a partial amount for their customers’ tire replacement, but only if they met the following requirements:
- The tires must have been properly maintained (i.e. properly inflated, balanced, etc.)
- The tires cannot show any signs of “abuse”
- The tires must not show any signs of inner edge or diagonal wear
- The tires must not fall within what is defined as the “abnormal wear range” by the Technical Service Bulletin
What to Do If You Suspect You Have Defective Tires
There are a number of associations out there which actively manage defective tire complaints and will report dangerous trends.
If you suspect you may have defective tires, you can do any of the following:
- File a complaint with CarComplaints.com. This website is free and is dedicated to revealing trends and informing owners of any potential issues with their vehicle.
- Report the issue with the Center for Auto Safety (CAS). CAS strives to protect consumers by researching auto safety issues. This organization has also worked to help ensure that the U.S. government enforces proper safety laws and protocols.
- Notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This U.S. agency has the authority to conduct vehicle defect investigations and has the power to force defective product recalls.
When to Contact a Defective Tire Attorney
The Ammons Law Firm offers free consultations to anyone who has suffered damages because of a potentially defective tire. If you have been injured because of a tire failure, you may have a defective tire claim.
Most cases will fall into one of the three broad categories:
- A manufacturing defect
- A design defect
- Inadequate warnings or instructions advising how to properly use the product
One of our Houston tire defect attorneys can go over your case with you and provide advice on whether and how you may be able to proceed with a claim. Based in Houston, Texas, we represent clients in complex cases across the United States.
"We could not have been in better hands."- Former Client
"The office staff was always courteous and prompt in responding."- Anne P.
"Amazed by Mr. Ammons’ presentation & knowledge."- Teressa H.
"Wonderful & hardworking lawyers."- Jose Angel M.
“Rob fought for me like no man has fought for me. The Ammons Law Firm is a law firm that seeks out justice, righteousness for those who have suffered and I can now move forward in my life.”- Joe C.
"Rob will devote the resources necessary to sort out any complex matter and get the best possible result for the client."- Louis H., Referral Attorney