John Gsanger is a passionate and successful advocate for product safety. His nationwide law practice has resulted in settlements that have, in turn, led to recalls of defective tires and dangerous sports utility vehicles and caused manufacturers to disclose important safety warnings to consumers.
The Texas Board of Legal Specialization has awarded John with a rare double Board Certification in both Personal Injury Trials and Appeals. As a trial attorney, John has repeatedly helped his clients achieve justice. Through his years of experience as a litigator, John has a track record of winning for his clients and a passion for standing up for those who have been wronged by large corporations. As an appellate attorney, John has helped set the standards for justice by winning numerous multimillion-dollar cases against major tire and automobile companies.
John serves as a contributing author of the Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee and has been invited to teach at over 100 continuing legal education seminars from coast to coast on many different trial law issues.
John received a scholarship and law degree from the University of Texas, School of Law, where he was Editor in Chief of the Review of Litigation, Editor of the American Law Institute’s Symposium on Complex Litigation, and President of the University Civil Liberties Union. After law school, he studied comparative law at the Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London and is currently a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas. John’s many legal publications include The Ultimate Book on Advanced Trucking Litigation (2017), Screening for Seatbelt and Tire Defect Cases Lurking within Car Crash Cases (2016), and Road Construction Defect Litigation (2015).
- Bachelor of Arts with Special Honors, Plan II, 1987, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Juris Doctor, 1991, University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Postgraduate legal studies Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, 1992, London, England
- State Bar of Texas, 1991
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas (all federal courts in Texas)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
Awards & Accolades
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list by Texas Monthly magazine, 2009 – 2018
- Judge Paul W. Nye Professionalism Award
- Texas Trial Lawyer Association John Howie Mentorship Award
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, 2018
- Corpus Christi Association of Legal Professionals Boss of the Year
- The Ultimate Book on Advanced Trucking Litigation
- Screening for Seatbelt and Tire Defect Cases Lurking within Car Crash Cases
- Road Construction Defect Litigation