Our Houston product liability law firm has over 30 years of experience prosecuting complex product liability claims.
Product Defect Cases Our Firm Handles
Defective product cases in which people have been seriously injured and killed apply to industrial, medical, consumer, entertainment, and recreational products. The Houston defective product lawyers at The Ammons Law Firm assist clients from coast to coast with all types of defective product litigation.
Some of the common product defect cases our Houston product liability lawyers handle include the following:
- Auto defects, including tire failures and SUV rollover susceptibility, vehicle roofs that crush on impact, vehicle design flaws leading to post-collision fires, defective seatbelts and seat backs, defective airbags, and defects causing sudden acceleration.
- Dangerous drugs and medical devices, including Paxil, Seroquel, Reglan, Levaquin, Yaz, Gadolinium, and fentanyl pain patches, as well as dangerous diet drugs and supplements.
- ATV rollovers, including cases involving Kawasaki MULE PRO and Yamaha Rhino models, as well as many other all-terrain vehicles.
- Toys and other child products, including defective car seats, toys containing lead or harmful chemicals, toys that pose a risk of choking and strangulation, combustible clothing, and defective strollers, child safety seats, cribs, and bassinets.
- Household and electronic products, including water heaters, space heaters, and laptop/notebook computers pose risks of fire, explosions, or severe electrical burns, as well as electrocution.
- Food for humans and pets, including the recent pet food recall and E. coli-tainted vegetables, meat, and fruits.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recall tens of thousands of products each year because of defects that make them unsafe.
Contact The Product Liability Attorneys at The Ammons Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a defective product, you need a trained product liability lawyer to hold the manufacturer accountable for its mistake and recover the compensation you need to move forward. At The Ammons Law Firm, our attorneys have the experience, resources, and training needed to help you. The Ammons Law Firm is one of the leading product liability law firms in the nation and has a long track record of success. Do not risk your claim by hiring a law firm that cannot handle complex product liability claims. Contact the product liability lawyers at The Ammons Law Firm today.
If you or someone you know has suffered from a product defect, contact our Houston product liability lawyers today.
How can a product be defective?
Generally speaking, products can be defective in three ways:
1. they can have a defective design;
2. they can have a manufacturing defect; and
3. they can be defective because they lack proper instructions and/or warning labels.
For example, an SUV that rolls over easily, leading to roof crush injuries, has a poor design. A pharmaceutical medication that becomes contaminated during production has a manufacturing defect. And a children’s toy with small parts that do not have a choking hazard label has a labeling defect. All three types of defects can lead to serious injuries or even deaths.
Will I have to prove that a product manufacturer was negligent in order to recover compensation?
No; in most cases, manufacturers and other entities involved in the creation, production, and distribution of consumer goods are liable for any injuries, harm, illnesses, or deaths their products cause—regardless of negligence. This is known as strict liability. To seek compensation after being harmed by a defective product, you will merely need to prove that the product was, in fact, defective and that, as a result of the defect, you suffered injuries that led to specific damages.
What kinds of compensation can I recover in a product liability claim?
Every case is different and, therefore, it is not possible to say exactly what types of compensation you may be entitled to receive. However, in most product liability cases, victims are able to seek compensation for their medical expenses related to the accident, lost income/wages from time taken off work to receive treatment, lost future earnings if they are unable to return to work (temporarily or permanently), pain and suffering, property damage, and more. The attorneys at our firm will be able to provide you with a clearer understanding of your rights after a free consultation.
We Wrote the Book on Tire Defect Litigation
Attorney Rob Ammons has not only handled some of the most complex tire defect cases but also wrote the book on how to properly litigate these types of cases.
Team Approach to Handling Each & Every Case
Unlike smaller law firms, we have the resources necessary to tackle even the most complex cases. To ensure our clients get the best possible results, we hire industry experts and other professionals to advise on any complex legal issues.
Over a Billion Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Our seasoned legal professionals have handled some of the largest personal injury claims nationwide and have a strong track record of favorable outcomes.