Common Car Seat Defects
Like all consumer products, child car seats, booster seats, and infant car seats can be defective in a number of ways. A defective design may make the car seat inherently dangerous for ordinary use. Manufacturing errors may render an otherwise safe car seat defective. Improper or missing instructions or warning labels may lead to faulty installment or other mistakes that can lead to unthinkable consequences. Regardless, when car seats are defective, the liable party—whether it’s the designer, manufacturer, distributor, or some other party—can be held accountable.
Some examples of common car seat defects include:
- Faulty car seat buckles which come undone in a collision or which aren’t childproof
- Unclear, poorly worded, or missing installation instructions, leading to improper installation
- Lack of sufficient car seat padding and/or cushioning
- Defective chest clips which can break, be undone by the child, or unfasten in a collision
- Faulty bases, which can lead to car seats that unlatch or come loose in a crash
- Defective car seat handles that release when the seat is being carried/moved
If your child’s car seat has been recalled or if you believe it is defective in any way, do not use it. You can report the defect to the manufacturer, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If your child was injured in an accident and you believe his or her car seat was defective, leading to more severe injuries, reach out to The Ammons Law Firm.
Over $1 Billion Recovered
The Houston defective car seat lawyers at The Ammons Law Firm provide personalized and attentive legal representation to victims of defective products nationwide. Our legal team has recovered more than $1 billion in settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of our clients; we are prepared to fight tirelessly for the fair compensation you are owed.
"Wonderful & hardworking lawyers."- Jose Angel M.
"Rob will devote the resources necessary to sort out any complex matter and get the best possible result for the client."- Louis H., Referral Attorney
"Amazed by Mr. Ammons’ presentation & knowledge."- Teressa H.
"The office staff was always courteous and prompt in responding."- Anne P.
"Wonderful & hardworking lawyers."- Kenny N.
"We could not have been in better hands."- Former Client