Negligent Repair Can Cause Catastrophic Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks are large, heavy vehicles with complex operating systems. They require frequent inspection, servicing, and repair. If a repair shop ignores problems with the truck or makes poor repairs, catastrophic accidents with life-changing injuries and fatalities can occur. Repair issues that could result in crashes include:
- Improper brake maintenance and repair
- Failure to replace or repair headlights and turn signals
- Inadequate repair of steering issues
- Failure to replace worn tires promptly
- Improper suspension repair
- Poor repairs to broken trailer hitches
- Failure to diagnose critical mechanical problems during an inspection
When a Repair Shop Is Liable for Your Losses
Repair shops for commercial trucks must ensure vehicles are safe and roadworthy when they return to service. Injured victims could qualify for compensation when repair shops cut corners and put profits before safety. Here are some examples of when a repair shop may be liable:
- Repairs were poorly performed
- Technicians failed to follow manufacturers’ guidelines
- Trucks were repaired with inferior or faulty parts
- The repair shop made unnecessary repairs damaging other parts of the truck
- Technicians failed to observe trucking regulations when fixing the vehicles
- The repair shop allowed untrained technicians to work on trucks
Proving that a truck repair shop is responsible for your accident and damages can be challenging and typically requires a comprehensive investigation involving technical experts.
The Ammons Law Firm Fights Hard for Truck Accident Victims
The Ammons Law Firm has your back if you or a loved one suffers harm in an accident with an 18-wheeler or another large commercial vehicle. Our tenacious truck accident attorneys in Houston can handle your legal case from start to finish, allowing you to concentrate fully on your health and recovery. We can:
Gather Evidence to Prove Your Claim
Truck accidents can be complex and challenging to understand. Our qualified attorneys know how to gather evidence critical for proving a repair shop’s liability. We work with industry experts to determine how technicians made repairs and identify critical mistakes. We may also gather other evidence to build your case, including:
- Witness statements
- Police reports of the crash
- Service, inspection, and repair records
- Repair shop employee statements
Understand the Laws and Regulations Applying to Your Case
Our specialized truck accident lawyers know the laws and regulations that govern the trucking industry, such as:
- Regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- State and federal transportation laws
- Commercial truck insurance laws
Understanding the laws regulating commercial vehicle inspections, servicing, and repair is critical to effectively fight for victims’ rights and pursue fair compensation.
Negotiate with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are not on your side. An insurer might make a quick lowball offer in the days after the crash, hoping you will sign on the dotted line and go away. However, your case may be worth so much more. We don’t want you to leave money on the table.
Our qualified attorneys can assess an accident injury’s impact on all aspects of your life, including your career, physical and emotional well-being, family relationships, and life quality. We want truck accident victims to receive the compensation they need to move forward after their ordeal.
Contact Us Now for Help with Your Truck Accident
Fighting for adequate compensation can be challenging, especially if a repair shop is responsible for your truck accident and injuries. However, you don’t have to struggle with a complex claim alone. We see the consequences of catastrophic truck accidents every day and know what you are going through. Our attorneys care, listen, and fight hard for what victims deserve. Get started today, and let us evaluate your case for free.