How to Find an Excellent Personal Injury Attorney
Finding the best attorney for you involves a little homework. Here are four tips to guide you in finding the right personal injury attorney for your case:
- Seek recommendations: Contact friends, family, and business associates to ask for referrals. Word-of-mouth can be an excellent way to find a personal injury lawyer with a strong track record and satisfied clients.
- Online research: Online resources contain a wealth of information to help you find and select attorneys. You can review law firm websites, find information about lawyers in legal directories, and read client testimonials.
- Past recoveries: Look for personal injury attorneys who have obtained significant results for others. While past results are not a guarantee of future performance, it is indicative of the quality of work the firm provides to its clients. While a single big result may be luck, consistent large recoveries over a long period indicate a skilled personal injury lawyer.
- Schedule consultations: Once you have a list of attorney names, schedule initial consultations to learn more about them. Most personal injury attorneys offer free, no-obligation consultations that help you understand the merits of your case and discuss their services.
By focusing on these four essential steps, you can efficiently identify an excellent personal injury lawyer who can advocate for your rights and maximize your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
What to Ask a Personal Injury Attorney
To ensure you’re selecting the right legal representation for your case, consider asking the following key questions during your initial consultation:
- What is your experience with cases like mine?
- Do I incur expenses if I lose the case?
- What is your fee structure?
- Have you won trials?
- Do other lawyers refer cases to you?
- How often will we communicate during the case?
- Will you or another attorney in your office handle my case?
Asking these questions can give you valuable insight into the attorney’s personality, success rate, and experience. Above all, a first consultation can help you understand what it would be like working with them. Does your prospective lawyer answer your questions openly and honestly, or do they evade your concerns? You’ll want to work with an attorney who can communicate clearly and is enthusiastic about handling your case.
The Ammons Law Firm deeply cares about the injured. We are here to answer your questions and give you the time and personal attention you deserve.
Understanding Contingency Fees and Payments
You’ll likely have numerous unexpected expenses when suffering a personal injury and might think you can’t afford a personal injury attorney. However, having a lawyer in your corner can give you the best chance of recovering what you need to rebuild your life after a serious injury. Moreover, most injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no upfront attorney’s fees.
With a contingency agreement, the attorney’s fee will depend on your case’s outcome. Your lawyer receives a percentage of your compensation as their fee only if you win or settle your case. If you lose, you don’t pay any attorney’s fees. Contingency fees can be advantageous for various reasons, including:
- No upfront attorney’s fee allows victims to access professional legal representation regardless of their financial situation.
- Since the attorney’s fee depends on your recovery, your attorney’s interest aligns with yours.
- You don’t incur financial risks and won’t be burdened with attorney’s fees if you lose the case.
Additional Payments and Legal Expenses
Attorney’s fees are not the only costs arising in personal injury cases. Depending on the details of your case, there may also be legal expenses, such as:
- Court filing costs
- Expert witness fees
- Investigation expenses
- Administrative costs
Some personal injury attorneys front these legal expenses for you and deduct them from your recovery. Others may ask you to cover such expenses as and when they arise.
Before hiring a personal injury attorney, ask them about their fee structure and potential expenses throughout the legal process. Having an open conversation ensures you can make informed decisions and won’t experience any unexpected bills while pursuing your personal injury case.
Cases Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Personal injury cases do not just arise in car accidents or slips and falls but can include many situations where another negligently or deliberately causes a victim’s injuries. The Ammons Law Firm handles all types of personal injury claims, including but not limited to:
- Car and truck accidents
- Crime-related injuries due to negligent security
- Defective products
- Auto defects
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Toxic substance exposure
- Pipeline explosions
- Maritime accidents
If you have a legal case, we can determine your next best steps and move forward with a compensation claim on your behalf.
How our Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
The support of an experienced and accomplished personal injury lawyer can make a considerable difference in your pursuit of justice and compensation. Here are four important ways our personal injury lawyers help our clients:
- Offer legal expertise and guidance: The Ammons Law Firm’s personal injury lawyers can offer legal guidance and support. We know the statutes, case law, and legal strategies that could help your case and can guide you through the legal process.
- Investigate your case: Our attorneys can thoroughly assess the incident that caused your injury. We can gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with experts if required.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Our personal injury lawyers are effective negotiators. Insurers are not on your side, and adjusters often aim to minimize payouts. We know the games insurance companies play and can advocate for a fair settlement covering all your damages.
- Litigation: If negotiations with insurance companies fail to yield a fair outcome, your lawyer will take your case to trial, where they have a proven record of success. They can present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and argue their case effectively in front of a judge and jury.
Our attorneys can explore all potential sources of recovery, including responsible parties and insurance policies. The Ammon’s Law Firm’s objective is to secure the maximum compensation available to you.
Contact the Personal Injury Attorneys at the Ammons Law Firm Today
We understand that seeking justice through the legal system can be a daunting process, especially if you’re still recovering. However, you don’t have to go through this on your own. Contact us today for a free consultation to discover how we could help.
Our Houston personal injury lawyers are prepared to fight for you. Call us at (281) 801-5617 or contact us online for assistance with your personal injury case.