Common Facial Injuries
Truck crashes, auto accidents, defective products, attacks, and falls can all cause facial injuries and disfigurement. Common types of facial injuries include:
- Lacerations Facial lacerations can result from car crashes, falls, or even dog attacks. When deep or extensive, such injuries can lead to permanent scarring, affecting your appearance and self-esteem.
- Burn Injuries Burns can occur with fires, chemical exposure, accidents, and defective products. Facial burns can cause significant and irreversible disfigurement. They may also require extensive medical treatments and reconstructive surgeries to improve appearance and functionality.
- Facial Fractures Fractures to the facial bones, such as the nose, cheekbones, and jaw, can occur in accidents and deliberate attacks. Facial fractures can result in long-lasting cosmetic changes.
- Eye Injuries Trauma to the eye area can lead to permanent vision impairment or disfigurement. They may also necessitate specialized medical care.
- Dental Injuries Facial injuries from accidents and falls can also affect dental health, leading to chipped or knocked-out teeth. Dental injuries may require immediate attention and costly restorative and cosmetic procedures to restore function and appearance.
While some facial injuries heal fully, they can leave you with permanent scars and disfigurement, causing psychological impact far beyond the physical pain. Individuals experiencing such injuries may struggle with ongoing anxiety, depression, and low confidence. If you or a loved one suffered facial injuries and disfigurement and another is responsible, compensation may be available.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you experience facial injuries or disfigurement, your medical costs may be substantial and life-long. Treatments for the injuries and, later on, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery can quickly add up. In addition to these costs, you could also seek compensation for the emotional trauma and anguish you experienced. However, the insurers are usually not on your side and may offer you much less than you deserve.
This is when a skilled personal injury lawyer can step in and fight tirelessly for your best interests. At the Ammons Law Firm, we understand that facial injuries and disfigurement can be a life-changing experience and that navigating the aftermath of an accident, fall, or deliberate assault can feel overwhelming. Here’s how we can help you:
- Case evaluation: Our attorneys can assess your claim, including the circumstances of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and liability.
- Recovering evidence: Personal injury lawyers know how to gather evidence to support your claim, which may include accident reports, medical records, witness statements, and expert opinions.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies may attempt to shortchange you. Our attorneys can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Try the case: If negotiations fail to result in a satisfactory settlement, your attorney can file a lawsuit, advocate for you, and argue your case strongly in court.
- Determining damages: Knowing what your case is worth can be essential for recovering adequate compensation. Our personal injury attorneys use experts to determine the full extent of your damages.
Facial injuries and other types of injuries resulting from the negligent or deliberate actions of another can have profound impacts on your life. However, with a compassionate and experienced personal injury attorney in your corner, you have an ally and advocate who will pursue maximum compensation for all you have endured.
The Ammons Law Firm Has Your Back
You can seek justice and regain control of your life after a facial injury and disfigurement. The Ammons Law Firm can support you every step of the way and fight tirelessly for what you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review to learn about your legal rights and clarify your options.
To learn more about personal injury lawsuits, visit our personal injury resources and guide.
Call our Houston disfigurement injury attorneys at (281) 801-5617 today to get started with a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.